Saturday, November 6, 2010

I say Sushi, he says Fushi

Friday was my first Nicaragua pay day.  Granted my check was not for very much, AT ALL, but hey, it's all about the reward of a paycheck.  Especially when one wakes up at 430 to travel 2 hours to get to her job.  But as you can tell, there were all smiles when the work paid off.

Anyways, ever since I started my job at NCA, Nicaragua Christian Academy, I haven't spent much time in Catarina.  I normally leave around 430 to get to the school at 7, and don't come home until 6, just to do it all over again the next day.  I get crabby when I loose my sleep, so lately I have been hitting the hay pretty early, around 830 or 9.  So my time spent with Douglas has suffered from this greatly.  He's such a good sport about it, and continues to support me along the way, but it is just no fun to never really get to spend time with him.

SO, yesterday we decided we would treat ourselves.  Some friends at work told me about this Japonese place called Sushi Itto.  I LOVE asain food, and have been having serious cravings here lately.  When they mentioned how good the sushi was, I was sold.  I have come to love sushi, thanks to my family, the Greers, and knew that it was time for Douglas to try it as well.  When I explained to him what it was, he was very apprehensive about the whole thing.  Bless his heart, he came and meeted me in Managua and waited until almost 130 to eat lunch with me (and for him not to have his food right at noon is quite a big deal).


Well, I guess I should inform you that I really only eat California rolls.  I am not big on the raw meat myself, but the California rolls sure are delightful.  Once they finally came, his stomach sure was a churnin.  He was nervous, but hungry enough not to care and just to go at it.  He's lookin pretty content right?


Haha, well that didn't last long.  He wasn't a fan of the California rolls, but I gave him an A for trying.  However,  the food didn't stop there.  I wasn't going to let my man starve to death.  This was also the type of restaurant that cooked in front of you, I LOVE these kind of places.  We ordered two plates of chicken and one order of fried rice.


He soon became a happy man.  He got his rice (Asain style), but you know how those Nicaraguans are about their rice.  They need it like they need water.  I loved our long awaited outing.  The time of fellowship is important.  I take it for granted when the time is available, and I am so thankful for it when I hardly have time in the day for it.  Time to relax, talk about life and all the craziness that is entangled with it.  I was especially thankful for that time to be spent with a man who I admire greatly.


And so this is how the story goes, as they say.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Bitty -- and I am so proud of you and that paycheck. I know you are learning so much and working so hard. Missing you like candy (as Jessica Simpson would say it). Praying for you all the way from South Korea (where rice is also like water). XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, oh man! i NEVER thought i'd see you being one of those early morning people! but, i just want you to know that i admire you so much, and i am so proud of you, pal!!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete