Sunday, October 17, 2010

La Playa at San Juan Del Sur


San Juan Del Sur. This is the location of the most recent Survivor series and also home to one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Nicaragua.  I have been working on getting my residency of Nicaragua, and that has turned out to be quite the process.  The paper work that has to be done and the money that must be spent makes me want to crawl into a little ball and just forget about the whole thing.  Well one day, a couple of weeks ago I was really discouraged.  The people and the immigration and companies I had been going to looking for a job were just let down after let down (I guess that's the real world, huh?).  Anyways, Douglas suggested that we go to San Juan del Sur, and I, of course, couldn't say no at the opportunity at the sun, sand and surf.  Plus, as I said before, I love adventures and I knew this was going to be an unforgetable trip.

Well after packing ourselves a lunch box filled with snacks, Douglas went home early so we could both go to bed.  I had to be outside and ready at 5 am to catch the bus.  I know, I know.  Most of you out there are thinking that that is an impossible task for this young gal who couldn't even get to her 8:30 classes on time.  But I am here to say that Nicaragua has in some miraculous way changed my waking up habbits.

ANYwho, we got on a bus that went to Rivas (which was about 2 hours), then we caught another bus that took us to la playa :)  Which you see below.  The view was absolutely beautiful.  My only complaint is that the sand here in Nica world isn't very soft and white, but the waters sure were blue, which made up for the sand.  Here you can see the boats that were parked, or anchored, just a couple hundred feet inland.  

 Here you can see another view.  There are some surrounding mountains, and some surfers.  Apparently surfing is a popular activity at this beach.  When we were walking from the bus stop to the beach we passed at least 3 or 4 places where I could have rented my own board for the day.  This trip I held back, but next trip i will have a local teach me the trades of surfing.


 So who can go to the beach without taking fun "beach pics?"  I told Douglas to bring an extra white shirt and to find us a local to be our photographer.  Well bless the guy who took the photos, but photography wasn't his God given talent, but I thought that this one turned out ok.


 For lunch we went to this restaurant right on the shore.  You could still hear the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, and the sea breeze flowing through your hair.  We were sure excited to not be eating rice and beans for once (well I was at least).  We ordered grilled fish, salad and french fries all for only $7 ... the Nicas say it's expensive but I say "BRING IT ON!"

Enjoying our time together.  We were trying to pass the time by waiting on the food.  I think a mixture of the long trip and the fun in the sun made our tummies extra hungry.


 He was pretty excited too :)

.. and hansome, if I do say so myself.

SO there it is, our excursion to the beach at San Juan del Sur.  It wasn't a long trip by any means, but it was just was the doctor ordered.  And I was thankful to get to spend it with a special individual.

(Just thought I would let viewers know that I will blog very soon about my new job .. my homework for Monday is to take pictures so that I can post them.  So stay tuned ..)

Hasta luego, Dios te Bendiga.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing you so happy. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew that story was going to end with a ring that would fit half way down his pinky finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am just now reading this (Don't hate me), but I think it is completely hillarious that you made him bring a white shirt to take "beach pics". Please keep being your cheesy self.

    Praying for you roomie!

    ReplyDelete